Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Alternate Reality TFT Product: Up Harzburk!

Here is what the cover to Bili the Axe: Up Harzburk! might have looked like had it been done by Metagaming for TFT rather than GURPS, in a nicer timeline. Note that this would likely have been in a larger "MetaGame" box like Dragons of Underearth and probably the planned Conquerors of Underearth module. It is to be noted that CoU was intended to feature mass combat, which is also a focus of Up Harzburk.

Note that the original adventure as released was deeply flawed and unplayable due to some of the numbered paragraphs being incorrect, too many to be addressed by errata. I have given thought to trying to find and correct these errors, and turn it into a playable module, though that might be too difficult a job.

Anyway, here are the revised covers:



6 comments:

  1. You always do such a nice job on your covers! Thanks for sharing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I aim to please! I've got a few more in the works for the Horseclans supplement (as it could have appeared) and my ideas for 2nd Edition ITL products. Still working on the wording for the former; regarding the latter I might have a stab at 2nd Edition Melee out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be awesome, indeed! Looking forward to whatever you care to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all of your Metagaming articles! I've just spent the last couple of days reading through all of them and found them to be very informative. I purchased and played everything from Metagaming as it was coming out back in the 70's and 80's and I'd recently been feeling some nostalgia for the old games.
    Thank you for all of your research and commentary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, thanks for your interest! I do have more forthcoming; just a matter of the little ones sucking up much of my time. Next up (for TFT, anyway) will be the mock up and some thoughts on a 2nd Edition Melee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article, Charles. I love that cover! I wish they could have continued...

    ReplyDelete